footballer n : an athlete who plays American football [syn: football player]
- A person who plays football.
a person who plays football
- Croatian: nogometaš , nogometašica
- French: footballeur , footballeuse
- German: Fußballer , Fußballerin
- Hungarian: futballista, labdarúgó, futballjátékos, focista (informal)
- Italian: calciatore , calciatrice
- Portuguese: futebolista, jogador de futebol, jogadora de futebol
- Serbian: nogometaš , nogometašica
A footballer is a person who plays in various games known as "football" – especially association football, although the term is also used to refer to participants in Australian rules football and Gaelic football.
In North America, one who plays American and Canadian football is called a "football player" while one who participates in association football is usually referred to as a "soccer player".
footballer in Danish: Fodboldspiller
footballer in Persian: بازیکن
footballer in Hebrew: שחקן כדורגל
footballer in Dutch: Voetballer
footballer in Simple English: Footballer